Tuesday, June 6, 2017

6 of June

What I have in my inbox from three and a half years ago: Aunt Martha's obit from Kaufman's.  Today would have been her birthday.  My birthday, this year, is Fathers' Day.  The family, as it were, had lots of June and July birthdays.  Mine sometimes falls on Fathers' Day.  It happens.  Aunt Martha's was D-Day before it was D-Day, and, as I was in the shower this morning pondering the guts and glory that was the Normandy Invasion, I thought, fondly, of gentle Aunt, really a great aunt, Martha.  The last of the nine children to pass.  The passing of a generation for me.  I just ponder it for all I am worth.  Now families are split and aside from my dad's brother and sister-in-law and their kids, I really am alone in this world.  No siblings, no parents, no grands of any sort.  One aunt and one uncle, some cousins.

Sometimes it gets lonely and I pick up the phone and think I could call the Aunties or dad, but, no, that's not going to happen.  I still remember the old phone number, the old exchange of University (UN-26725 before it was 862-6725).  I have fewer and fewer people to call and chat. 

And it doesn't seem like almost four years since the Toxic Avenger split from Sophie and me, over what I still am unsure.  And she truly was toxic: a racist hypocrite and wouldn't say shit if she had a mouthful.  Ah, Sophie, we knew her, and knew her not.  For all our foibles, dear reader, at least we, or at least I, are genuine.  Honest, sincere, you name it.  I am still waiting for Jack, I think it was Jack, to rear his or her ugly head and call me names again.  Mayhap it was Cousin Lena, an ass who fancies herself a politician now after serving as co-chair of the president's campaign committee in Michigan.  Ah, the cult of the amateur. 

And speaking of which...I am truly afraid to watch the news now that we have the American Idiot in charge...afraid of his not understanding that he is supposed to be a responsible adult no longer a CEO but the biggest CEO of them all and that words matter.  My heart sank listening to MSNBC last night as Michael Beschloss, the presidential historian, said he was afraid.  The jerk in charge is quick to point fingers, but he is the one who hasn't filled over 79% of the appointments he has to make.  It has nothing to do with the Dems being obstructionists.  No, that is on him. And his "managerial" style of pitting one against another doesn't work well when trying to run a country.  Yes, he is an ass.  And so is Lena, the amateur.  Running business is nothing like running a country.  You can't tweet out of your asshole and not expect it to land you in a stinking pile of shit.

Alright, let's enjoy the beautiful day and not think about our country going down the crapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment