Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Chomping at the bit

The last few days the weather has been very favorable to snow melting.  The snow drops are back and tulips are pushing up.  My trellises came today and I am plotting how to frame my rose garden.  I have four hummingbird vines coming, as well as some perennials--six Jewels of the Desert.  Also, a butterfly bush, a clematis with very dramatic flowers and a lovely rose hybrid tea rose with very dramatic blooms that I am thinking will take care of the side yard.  I want to add soil to the raised bed for tomato plants and herbs.  The trellis should "hide' the vegetable garden.  Th sided yard needs some edging and I am thinking of planting bamboo to act as a privacy fence to next door as it seems like whatever the season is the bamboo is always green.

I am just so excited about the yard that seems all I think about.  A healthy obsession.  But, also, seems of late, Tommy Tummy has an ulcer and I am hurting a lot of time.  And the arthritis in my hands, especially the thumbs, is getting worse.  Still I can't wait to get outside and play in the mud. My roses all seem to have survived the winter. I did have some Jewels of the Desert, which also survived, to which I will add six more.  Great border flowers, looking not unlike moss roses. But are very hardy and love full sun.  Oh, I am just so excited to have my little house and be able to work in the yard, have my opening day party and hope for weather like today and maybe we can sit outside and enjoy the yard.  I am so happy here I could plotz.

So that is all for tonight.  Got out the spring jacket and am hopeful it is truly the right and rite of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment