Wednesday, February 1, 2017

mas vale que nunca

Well, it has been a long journey since last I wrote.  The Mango Mussolini is now our puppet commander in chief and puppet master Bannon's hand is up the Mango's ass.  Get the feeling I am unhappy?  As Stephen Colbert said last night, and I am paraphrasing, it is like being on a roller coaster every day and still having to puke anew.  And I am dizzy enough as it is with my latest malady.  But enough about me.  I have a friend, yes I do, at the library who has a dream about Trump pushing the nuclear button and she sees a mushroom cloud and ... that's all folks...she wakes up screaming.  It is sad that it has come so far so soon. 

I am having a running dialogue with a Trump supporter.  I am assuming this because he has spoken nary a word against Trumpo.  We have been discussing the Muslim ban and he is arguing that it is precautionary and I have been arguing it is hatred in the guise of keeping us safe.  It does nothing to enhance our standing in the world, which right now is laughable if it weren't so bad, and only serves to make more jihadists who see us as hating Muslims.  This will keep ISIS and Al Qaeda in business for quite sometime to come.  And yesterday seventeen bomb threats were called into Jewish community centers across the country.  So the hate is right now bubbling forth.  The Mosque shooting in Quebec, the Mosque burning in Texas, the seventeen bomb threats to Jewish centers, all bespeak of a level of hate in this country we haven't seen in a good long time.  Is this what he meant by making America great again?

Steve Bannon is the one who truly scares me as while Trumpo may not know what he is coloring day to day Bannon knows exactly what buttons to push.

Now, all this said, I don't despise the Republicans.  There are good, honest men and women who do not support the Trumpet vision of the world, like John McCain and Lindsey Graham.  When Bush won/stole the election in 2000 I didn't fret about the world situation as I do now with certain fingers on the nu-clear button, as Bush II would say.  But this somehow all feels very different and threatening to my safety and the safety of my fellow citizens.  With a madman at the helm and a strong White Nationalist pulling the strings I do fear for my safety.  When such casual conversations come to me with the phrase "...and I Jewed them down." I feel angry and when I explain how hateful that expression is that say "No. I mean it as a compliment." 

Okay, so I am conflating hatred of Muslims with hatred of the Jews, and essentially all religious, ethnic and racial minorities.  And I believe the connection is the white christian nationalist who yearns for the good old days when they could walk down the street with their white privilege in their pockets and brush off any offending persons with a flick of their finger.  That is what scares me most.

While the Muslim ban (and I am calling what it truly is) excludes peoples from seven predominately Muslim countries (but none where actual terrorists have come from since the turn of the century and none where Trumpeezee has business dealings) and he says the Obama administration is the one who first started this freeze on these seven nations, including war ravaged Syria.  And while he who shall not be named says this isn't a Muslim ban, that minority Christians from the Mideast will be giving priority and special treatment, how can it not be perceived as such?

All of this brings me back to what can I do.  Like the song "Draft Dodger Rag"  I have a laundry list of things I can proactively do.  Such as: joining the ACLU, ADL, Southern Poverty Law Center, B'nai Brith, Hadassah, Emily's List, Planned Parenthood, NARAL, etc, etc, etc.  Therapy is helping as well as I am taking care of myself.  That is another safe place to pitch a hissy.  I walked in the Women's march in Lansing, I will march again on April 15th, which is the next scheduled demonstration in case you are interested, which will be another call for the Mango to release his taxes (Yes we are really interested in seeing what a great businessman he truly is). 

Alrighty then, deep breath and let go.  Here is a list, in no particular order, of my fears in the new Trumpian world order: Hate on the rise and being openly expressed as if somehow the election has made it normal to burn mosques and phone in bomb threats to Jewish community centers.  The next holocaust, which might be nuclear.  The only thing worse than dying in a nuclear blast is surviving it.  Economic collapse because all the Donald is really good at is declaring bankruptcy and starting all over again.  That most Republicans will continue to be spineless and power hungry enough to not oppose what they know in their small hearts is wrongheaded.  The Wall and the prospect of paying for it in terms of higher prices due to price gouging by companies producing goods in Mexico and paying a 20% tariff on products, the cost of which will be passed on to consumers.  Yes, that is what a smart man, and he keeps telling us "bigly" how smart he is, does to put another brick in the wall.  That a man with small hands, and indeed they are small, will be so testicularly crazed that he will play with his war toys as if it were a game.  Etc, etc, etc.

There now, I am feeling better.  I likes me a good deep breath and letting go. I know people who voted for Mango say give the man a chance, it has only been ten days, but what a roller coaster ride it has been these ten days.  And now, if you will excuse me, I shall puke...


No comments:

Post a Comment