Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Forgiveness

So, I am reading this book on the transformative power of forgiveness and it is primarily a tome about learning to forgive others and the freedom it permits you.  And I thought "the hell about forgiving others.  What about forgiving yourself".  Dang, what an insight to be given.  I need to stop beating myself up and get on with things.  And I almost thought, actually I did think, get on with the business of dying.  That's the end game, after all.  But, in spite of that last thought I am as happy, no, more happy, than I have ever been in my life.  I love my bungalow, which made me think of the Beatles, but this is a bungalow.  Not the grand mansion at 728 Audobon Drive  (go by and check it out...McMansion.  Lovely grounds).  But my little piece of heaven, dare I say my blue heaven, I do, that is, is just right for me.  A friend from high school stopped by yesterday for brunch and said how this house and neighborhood reminded her of our homes in Detroit and that is exactly how I feel.  It is like home...but my home...not the crazy house on Fairfield with a drunken mother and the enabling grandmother and my father.  No...this house is sane and getting saner by the minute,  I go for walks every night and all I can think is how happy I am...happy to the point of tears, now where did that come from?  All those stray thought that keep popping into my head; the thoughts that divert my attention from the positive to the glass half full.

So this is where I am at.

No comments:

Post a Comment