Wednesday, September 30, 2015

A few thoughts on Bird as therapist

I am sitting here at my desk, contemplating my navel as it were, and I began thinking about the few sessions I had with the therapist I referred to as The Bird.  Of a sudden I felt naked and exposed by her version of the therapeutic process.  She wanted me to go through "re-birthing" as a stage in therapy with her and that was the point I decided she was a bad fit for me.  Too New Age.  And Hyphen 2.0 said to me, referencing that, that it was an outmoded form of therapy and never too much of use in the first place.  I like Hyphen 2.0.  But The Bird was a terrible therapist.  I was at the point with her that I was afraid to go to a session with her for fear she would bring some nonsense up along these lines.  But upon reflection I realized I was exposed to her and she made me to feel helpless and that I had a problem with the therapy modalities she was offering.  I am going to address this in therapy with Hyphen 2.0 next week.  This and the fact that if and when Hyphen 1.0 returns to practice I will not be going back to her.  I have too much time invested already with 2.0 and to go back and go over the same issues again would not be healthy.  The house and all the steps getting to here is in the past.  And today I realized one of the reasons I am most happy with the new house is that I no longer have to drive past my old house on Highland any longer.   No more fear of running into Patricia or Aaron or PJ.  I have migrated to the other side.  Not the dark side, mind you, but the light of the north side of Grand River.  I am free.  And I am working with 2.0 to stay that way.  And Jerry, with whom I needed closure that was not forthcoming as of yesterday, is firmly planted in the ground in a nearby tree.  I don't know that I will ever have the kind of closure.  I don't know, I do not know.  All I am certain of is that the past is prologue, as they say, and all of it has gotten me to this reality.  I have to deal with the past: the past of The Bird, the past of Highland Street, the past of Glenmoor, the past of the original Hyphen.  I still need to deal with a few of the above, or all of the above.  This is why therapy is so necessary for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment