Thursday, July 23, 2015

Achilles

Much like the Greek myth, I have been dipped in a magic potion but held by my heels.  My right Achilles  tendon is tender and it really hurts to walk, my drug of choice of late.  I finally have a brace on that ankle but I am afraid to go see  a doctor for fear I might be put on crutches to speed healing. No, instead I will wear the brace and take it easy on the walk therapy for a while.  I didn't sleep much last night, in part because the Pirates were losing to the Royals.  But I had one of those twilight sleepy nights where I wasn't fully asleep.  Not due to physical pain but more the. psychic and emotional pain.  I may see if Sophie and I can visit the new urgent care clinic nearer my God to thee.  No it is by the house.  I am afraid to find out if I really did something stupid to my ankle,   No, I am just going to take it easy for a few days and hope it doesn't get worse.  I can walk on it, which is a good thing.  But because of the osteoporosis I break easily.  But I didn't actually hurt the ankle, just wore a new pair of shoes, which I have since given away.  I had a lovely massage on the leg last night and that truly seemed to help.  No, the psychic pain is too much to bear.  I am used to doing twenty thousand steps a day and I can barely do ten thousand.  And I can't concentrate and have the discipline to practice this morning.  No, just take it easy for a few days and get another  massage Monday before therapy.  But it couldn't hurt to get looked at, could it?

What a pisser.  Stay tuned for tomorrow's installment on one of the new therapist 's job interviews.  This one is Calvin's Mom.

Time to rub a healing cat on my foot to ease the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment