Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Bootless in East Lansing

Not quite Sleepless in Seattle but something even better.  For the first time since July 20th I am without leg pain and finally bootless.  Happy, happy, joy, joy.  I am walking a little gingerly, favoring the right leg.  But it is a bootless leg and I am happy.  Now if only my new glasses would come in I could quit doing my best pirate imitation so I can focus.  As it is my right eye is closed as I see double with both eyes open.  It's hell getting older but it beats the option.

Oh, what a day.  From having a slip and fall at work and worrying for four hours if I had injured my leg and nursing a hurt elbow (nice and purple thank you) but spilling only a little water from the cup I was carrying.  Sweating out the X-Ray. Being told I could wean off crutches, which I told him I already had done, and weaning off the boot, which. I had been doing at home, I took the boot off and put on the shoe I wanted for so long.  Over eight weeks of pain and crutches.  Almost passing out at work a few times and missing a Hyphen 2.0 appointment and feeling guilty when she called me the next day to see how I was doing.  Oh, what a time I had.  And all the great friends I have who helped out, from doing laundry and making a bed, to collapsing boxes and carting them away.  And a special thanks to Sophie Handelman and Ethel Nussbaum who did my grocery shopping for those eight weeks and more.  And cleaning litter boxes and feeding the boys.  Great friends.

So, after the debooting JB and I got me some lunch and then we went pumpkin shopping.  Home again and she, good friend that she is, helped me get clothes around to donate to EVE along with some blankets.  Them we had a field day watching MSNBC and doing our own commentary.  Off again To see Hyphen 2.0. I had what I thought was a good session.  I still  need to process the loss of the original Hypen but that will be for next week, along with a diatribe about my rat bastard cousin.  And need to get around to a lot of stuff at the house, but for right now I will be gentle with myself.  I think I will visit Jerry tomorrow and see if Sophie will go with me.  More closure.

But for now, save for needing glasses that are forthcoming, things are good.  Life is good.  I need to do a great deal of work outside the house.  Get ready for the dread of winter which may be bearable in the new house as it will be a new type of winter.  Giant mums populate the front yard along with pumpkins.  And the zombie flamingos.  I am set for Halloween.

I feel like I need to close with something on a deeper level.  I have two sacked out cats in bed and one on the couch.  Trigger finger is still triggering so no guitar playing tomorrow morning.  No jamming Jew.  Alright deep thought.  No matter where you go, there you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment