Thursday, October 29, 2015

The letter sent (to be followed, when applicable, by a response)



"As I am overtired and overwhelmed and deep in a pit of depression.  I need one, just one, compelling reason why I should continue seeing you, as much as I get out of our sessions, with you planning to retire in the spring.  I require a great deal of continuity and having lost one therapist very suddenly I really don’t think I can work with a short range goal ending in spring, and then starting all over again with a new therapist.  Yes, I am seeing Dr. Picone tomorrow and will discuss this with him but right now I am hurting and having a great deal of trouble concentrating for work and have totally withdrawn from friends.  I think I know what the answer will be but maybe you can come up with something that will provide me some solace.  Who knows." 

No comments:

Post a Comment