Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Day One

Day One of the new no boot era.  Time to bell the cat.  People can no longer hear my clunking approach.  I walked more today than I had in a long time.  Topped off by a session of reflexology with the best reflexologist in town.  What a great way to relax.  I also was able to do good today by donating coats and blankets to EVE.  Bird feeders are full and I am wondering if finches migrate in the winter or if I will have them and nuthatches all winter and the need for their special seeds.  All of this felt good and having had a good and busy day at work I am now ready to make a meal and watch the Cubs (who I am rooting for) play the Pirates (who I am rooting for) in a wild card baseball game. How can I lose...or more to the point, how can I win?  So I may end up watching old Law and Order episodes and catch the score in the morning. Four games tomorrow I believe...baseball nirvana.  So all is right with the world.  The Viking Cats (Sven, Lars and Leif) have decided to go out and pillage tonight so it should be a quiet evening.  Hopefully they limited the pillaging to the house, as they are afraid of the outside and I did lie to them.  I told the if we bought this house they could lay on the porch while I read the paper.  Well, the screens need to be replaced and there are two outdoor cats that roam the neighborhood and you know how cats can get. So they will pillage the house. Get treats and go to bed.  Lovely.

Time to make a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment