Friday, January 30, 2015

Big reveal

Today is the big kitchen reveal, as I like to call it.  I get the design back and we dicker around, I give them money and we are good to go.  I did ask for a few bells and whistles of my own, like under the cabinet lighting.  So at about 12:30 today we trundle off to McDaniels' Kitchen and Bath and get final plans.

I must say I had a very rough night last night, between a migraine, which is still percolating in my head, and some sore muscles in my back.  MUST GET  BED!!!  I think that will be the biggest change in lifestyle for me will be to get a real bed and not sleep in a chair or on the couch anymore...Again last night the cats took turns sleeping on and with me but how nice it will be when I can lay down on a bed and sleep with all three cats.  So a bedroom with a bed and a good night's sleep.  My back is so stiff right now that I can't sit up without discomfort.  MUST GET BED!!!

Yesterday while I was at work pondering the universe I received a phone call from a colleague alerting me to the fact that a gentleman I went to graduate school with had a stroke and was expected to be rehabbing from it for the next year.  I suppose in the great scheme of things I should be getting used to calls like that, calls about deaths and funerals, but it still threw me for a loop.  I will call his brother tonight and get more details and a number or address so I can send him cards and letters to let him know I am thinking of him.

I think Sunday is the official day for the departure of the fish and the installation of the new sound bar.  Saturday we are going to see Pippin at a matinee.  Some reflexology before the show and a quick lunch and off we go.  Sunday I can do some packing once the fish are gone and the sound bar is in place.

Probably more later as I must be off to attend to some pesky hamsters that seem to want a life of their own.


No comments:

Post a Comment