Monday, January 26, 2015

Overwhelmed part deux

Okay, so I didn't sleep last night.  Maybe an hour and then my overactive mind took over.  The mezzuzahs go up today after work and hopefully that will ward off anymore bad news.  The remodel of the bathroom will just mean I will put off landscaping the backyard until next year.  Not a bad trade off.  I have therapy today and then a visit to Sans Souci  which is proving to be somewhat souci.  I will take some in progress pictures and post some tomorrow.  What amazes me is that the lady who owned the house prior to me absolutely let everything go to shit.  The paint on the walls throughout the house is cracked like fried marbles.  The floor in the kitchen has to be reinforced as it was worn down to a dangerous level.  Thus, the kitchen will have a gentle slope into the dining room.  Picked out paint for the various rooms.  Decided to go with the sky blue rug in the dining room and two tones of blue, darker below the chair rail and lighter about.  I am getting a picture in my mind how this will work.  Come to find out the floors are red oak and should refinish beautifully.  Friday I go to approve and/or modify the kitchen design and get the cabinets and counter tops ordered.  Three weeks later there should be a kitchen.  Time to start shopping for appliances, light fixtures.  Fun fun fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment