Thursday, January 29, 2015

One Fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish

Sometime this weekend the two aquariums will be moved to a new home, thanks to my fish buddy.  I have two tanks but they are not making the move with me and the sooner I have them go to their new home the less anxious I might feel.  I am actually a little weary of watching the little ones die as I never thought I would be so enchanted by them.  The first aquarium was to "put to rest" a persistent dream wherein I had an aquarium but forgot to take care of it for months at a time and then found out I did indeed have an aquarium.  Much like the dream where it's final exam time and you never attended the class all semester.  So once I had my first aquarium I stopped having that dream, as I never forgot to feed the fishies or clean their habitat. Now I have a hard time dealing with a dead fish.  First the tank gets a little cloudy and you know something has died and eventually it floats to the top in a week or two, nibbled on and bloated.  Not pleasant.  I do so love the sound of the water in the tank, but I can get that with a small tabletop fountain, which is what I plan to do.  And then there was the awful night I inadvertently left the top off the tank and six fish flew to their death and were greedily consumed by the cats.  No bones about it.  So now that I have conquered the fish dream it is time to move on.

I think once I get the tanks out of the house I can move some of the stuff out of the bedroom and into the living room.  That said I can sort through clothes and do some light packing and get some stuff to Good Will.  The place where the larger aquarium was (is) would hold about six paper boxes from work.  I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO GET INTO MY CLOSET AGAIN!!!  Mostly what is in the bedroom/music room are linens, bath stuff, some kitchen stuff and God knows what else.  But I'd like to get into the armoire and sort and toss.  Get about ten pairs of jeans and an equal amount of sweaters and pack the rest up. Then I could get to the mandolin and guitars and start playing in the room again.  I think I have basically decided to forgo lessons until after I move as right now I fluctuate between buyers' remorse over all the money I am spending on Sans Souci, panic over the thought of packing and moving, and just general anxiety over all of the disruptions.  Today I have nothing planned and I just want to go home and crash.  Not do a damn thing other than relax.

Friday is the big kitchen reveal.    Maybe I can get my own copy of the blueprint.  Basically it has a lot of cupboards, drawers and counter tops.  Going with a light cherry cabinets, a smoky gray granite counter top, red oak hardwood floors that will match what is in the rest of the house.  Now I am having a panic attack that the rugs I bought might be too big for their designated rooms.  Ah, this too shall pass.  If they are too big I can always re-sell them and get smaller versions.  Panic conquers.  Thank God for lavender essential oil and its calming properties.

Looks like the hamsters are visiting.  I shall have to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment