Friday, March 6, 2015

Official Move Day

Is March 25th.  It will be a hectic day, full of hec as it were.  I will be able to take some stuff in the day before.  I am most concerned about moving the cats as they will be very anxious.  I think once the bedroom is set up I can bring them up from the basement and settle them in.  On the 26th I have a field trip to A2 planned to see Dan Hicks and his Hot Licks.  By then I will need a break from unpacking.  Friday the 27th will be a leisurely day and I have the rest of the weekend to unpack and relax.  Back to work the 30th and then off the 6th for Opening Day (official) and the 13th for Unofficial Post Passover Opening Day and Open House.

Today Toni and I are going to Sam's out on the south side and get a few things.  Her daughter works there so we can get a discount.  I figure I can get a small TV for the bedroom and check a few things out.  Sophie has been ill these last few days and that is enough said about that.  But me, I have been at work, ere though I have conjunctivitis in both eyes and it is a wee bit hard to see.  But me...I am a real trooper.  I figure to get Ms. Annie and me sandwiches today and get home in time to go with Toni a Sam-ing. 

So I will do some packing this weekend and borrow a few coolers to take stuff from one fridge to the new one.  Ah, the appliances, the "new" stainless steel, much like a brushed nickel and does not show fingerprints like the older stainless steel models did.   And the water and ice in the door  Hoo-Ha I is living high on the proverbial hog.  But the best deal is the gas range with the convection oven.  The stove top has a fifth burner that is a grill pan which can convert to a regular burner.  Hoo-Ha!  Microwave above the stove to save counter space and a lovely full sized dishwasher.  And all my counter top appliances, in a bright pop of red.  I will probably just leave the Keurig on the counter and take out appliances as I need them as I have more cabinets that Carter had liver pills.  Little ones, Mr. Carter that is. 

So that is the game plan for the weekend and the coming weeks.  Stay tuned.

Oh, wait, I must have something of substance.  Oh fux it.  It's Friday of an overly-long week.  And I am sans Hyphen for the next ten days.  Must keep emotions in check.  Turn the emotional faucet off and just contend with packing and moving.

Bye Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment