Sunday, May 17, 2015

Thunderstorms

Yup, we has them.  Or had them.  My big, really big, cat Yankel is terrified of storms. In the condo he had to hide in th bathroom between the wall and the toilet.  Tonight I found him scrunched up in the kitchen, mewling like a little girl.  He's fine now but he was a clinging vine moments ago.  I am getting ready to go to bed and I want to make sure he has calmed down enough not to be a problem tonight.

I went to the plant sale at MSU on Saturday and bought more plants for the yard.  Tonight I planted seeds for evening primrose, carnations, dill and tomatoes. Hopefully they sprout soon.  I have a nice planter in the front yard and I think the evening primrose and carnations will look good in it. Today I went to the art fair and bought a dragonfly lawn piece.  It looks good. I still have to put out the front fountain.  This week the yard guy is putting in the patio.  I will move the fire pit and the Adirondack chairs to it and prepare for a summer of fires and mosquitoes.

So the financial guy told me to get a Fitbit.  Now I am not saying I am competitive, but I am competitive. I can average over 20,000 steps a day, over eight miles and  still be in fourth place.  No matter how much I put in I always come in third or fourth.  It's not fair. I walk my ass off, literally.  I have no tush.  But the gut Is still in place. Now I have lost over ten pounds since I moved, but I have to get going, obsessively racking up the mileage.    Tomorrow is weigh in day.  I am hoping for 147.  This is the lightest I have been in years.  But the gut, the round tummy, has to go

Well, it grows late, the thundering has ceased and I am putting myself to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment