Monday, April 20, 2015

A weekend of puttering

And unfortunately I can't relax enough to sleep.  Meet with the new therapist today and right now I feel like this lump under the blankets, which is in fact Gonif.  Saturday was a lovely day, warm and inviting as a spring day can get.  I worked some outside.  And I took a long walk and met more of my neighbors.  I love living here.  It is the perfect house at the right time.

Today, well, actually Sunday, I walked a lot, made a rather elegant brunch and worked more outside.  I love to putter and I was getting beds ready, not for a cat, but for roses and lilac bushes. I cut back some existing somewhat brown bushes hoping unto hope that they will spring to life.  I am hopeful as it is spring after all, that the miniature Japanese weeping maple will start sprouting leaves.  I raked what has passed for a lawn and spread grass seeds in advance of the early evening rain.  I actually fell asleep for twenty minutes but have since awoken from that slumber and now I am wired for sound.  TV this time of night is minimal.  I guess I shouldn't have taken that long walk before dinner.  I was so excited that a pair of gold finches came to my new feeder that I went and put a songbird feeder in the back yard, assuming, of course, that the cats would enjoy watching the birds as much as I do.  So I will make do with whatever sleep I can get.  If I can sleep until 4:30 I will be happy, as it is now after 1:00 a.m.  I need to start playing music again and practicing the mandolin and get back my hands.  Right now they feel stiff and arthritic but some musical exercises will help lessen the stiffness.

Well, Gonif has decided he needs my attention. So time to try and relax and catch a few winks before I get tiddly.
The lump that is Gonif 

No comments:

Post a Comment