Friday, April 17, 2015

Puttering around the house

As I was yesterday.  This weekend will mark the last of the packages to arrive before the austerity budget kicks in at the end of business today.  My rose bushes should be shipped soon and I will be  puttering around the garden this weekend.  Today and tomorrow look like the more promising of days to work in the yard.  Brad pulled a lot of junk out of the backyard and my work is cut out for me.  Raking and getting those damn terracotta balls out of the area to the left of the deck.  Also seems like a good weekend to grill and grill I will.  Sunday is iffy so I may just go and get bagels and read the paper on the porch until the cool rain arrives later in the day.  My jonquils are in bloom, the peonies have grown considerably since the bushes where removed and I discovered that I indeed did have peonies and jonquils.  A friend is taking me to the big greenhouse in the area, a shout out to Van Atta's.  Time to start thinking about perennials.  I want a garden to have color from early spring to late fall.  I have two bushes out front I believe are dead.  They are gone this weekend.  I will try cutting them back but there appears to be no life in the reeds.  Putter, putter, putter.  And walk.  I am up to a forty minute walk a night.  I leave the house around, well, when I leave.  And back in forty minutes.  I get in over a mile.  I think I have dropped a slacks' size in a month.  This side of the street is more pleasant to walk on.  I am not waylaid by crazed neighbors who want me and my time.  No, here there are pleasant and young families.  It is much more like a neighborhood and less like a dorm atmosphere of the Glenmoor area.  You ask "are you happy you made the move" and the answer is, Yoda, Am I of course yes.  It will be a nice weekend of gardening, pleasant meals on the deck, baseball and some basic battery recharging.  Monday I go back to see the Bird therapist.  I should and will probably send a long note to Hyphen to let her know I am doing well and miss her and her Hyphen-fuxing therapies.  I actually have real stationary, a fountain pen and sealing wax with a letter L to emboss on the envelope.  This weekend I will also activate my new iPhone and my Amazon Echo. So a baseball, puttering, cooking and electronics weekend is ahead.

Sans Souci, y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment