Friday, April 10, 2015

Fatigue Redux

Well,  in spite of having a lovely new bed, I slept on the couch last night.  Sleep, such as it was, was sparse. I am still endeavoring to get used to sleeping in a bed but old habits die hard. This weekend  I WILL sleep in the bed and try to sleep in.  I have another three day weekend, due in part to the opening day delayed open house on Monday.  Yesterday the last touch was  added as the wooden blinds went up.  Not only do they look nice they give me a lot more privacy.  Of course I have to keep them up during the day lest the kitties wreck them.  Gonif will play with the twisty rod for hours at a time.  Just bopping it.  And Simcha is checking out the neighborhood from his perch.  Lots to see for cats raised in a third floor walk up.  Squirrels for starters.  Oh, wait, I still have the new screen doors to add to the house and all the boxes taken out of the garage.  I want to be able to put the yard stuff away.  And, also, the backyard is getting a slight make-over.  Fresh top soil and some patio blocks.  A small herb garden to plant and some heirloom vegetables to plant.  Also I have five lovely rose bushes coming from Wayside Gardens.  I feel a putter coming upon me.  I am glad we had some rain yesterday as the bulbs I planted last weekend really perked up.  Sunday sounds like a nice day to finish planting the bulbs and ponder perennials to put it.  Joe will also try to seed the front lawn and we shall see if that takes or if it merely becomes fodder for the birds.  Speaking of birds, Aunt Marilyn is sending me two bird feeders as a housewarming present.  I have already seen black capped chickadees  in the back yard.

Bottom line.  This plac feels like a home.  I love the whole house.  And all the outside work will give me plenty of puttering to do.  Home sweet home.

Tonight Mr. Bill will put together the deck furniture.  And I believe that is the last of the building of stuff.  And that will be my Friday.  Saturday we are going to a spring tea at the Kellogg Center.  We went to the autumn harvest tea and had a jolly good time.  Of course that will take time from my baseball watching but...the season is young.  So young, indeed, that my Tigers are playing 1.000 ball. Okay, so it is only three wins and against a weak team but...hope springs eternal...

And away we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment