Monday, April 6, 2015

Aside from

The garbage disposal fubar the Easter-Over dinner was a success.  I said a traditional Irish blessing that made Sophie verklempt.  I asked also to bless this house to be too small to hold all of my friends.  We came close last night,  six adults and two kids, who were actually well behaved, unlike the adults.  Today I have off as it is the first day of the baseball season as well as my first meeting with the new-hopefully temporary-therapist, whom because of her name we shall dub the Bird.  And the bird is the word, eh?  As this is a special day I am also having my first luncheon at the house and instead of Chinese food carry out as promise, I am making a frittata with spring veggies and the girls can have English muffins and I will make do with matzo.

So the home is basically broken in, and the final act of housewarming will be a party next Monday for the new baseball season and the new house.  I love this house already. It feels more like home than the condo did, especially after the passing of Jerry.  The neighbors are nice and the yard is coming together. I could even grill tonight!  It is a little warm in the house right now.  Supposed to be a warm day.  Mayhap I can open a window!

I vacuumed,  I set the table and will relax until about noon.  Takes about a half hour to make the frittata.  I'll make a pot of coffee.  2:30 we will leave for therapy.  Then hopefully tonight the disposal will be attended to.  Some grout got into the drain and seized the motor.  That will be for Mister Brad to pay for as it was and is his grout. Unfortunately he is in Florida and can't attend to ththe matter himself.

Okay, nothing spectacular.  No Magic Plastic Tuna alert today. Just baseball, brunch and therapy.  I will repeat the Irish blessing I used last night

May you be blessed with sunshine to warm you
A moonbeam to charm you
A sheltering angel so no harm can come to you
Laughter to cheer you
And when you pray heaven hear you

Have a lovely day all.

1 comment:

  1. Super jealous that you're there and I'm... here. Hope it's a FAB opening day for you!!

    ReplyDelete