Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday in the park with Brody's Mom

Today we are celebrating Brody's Mom's birthday, although the actual date was last Sunday. We both have today off so we are going to dine at a favored restaurant out in Williamston, the Red Cedar Grill. Wonderful,place, great food and ambience. After a leisurely lunch we shall venture into Lansing and go to the Roma Bakery, a fabulous Italian deli and bakery where we shall get a vast array of Italian deli stuff for my lunches the rest of the weekend. I make a killer sub sandwich and am looking forward to that served on fresh bakery sub rolls with farm fresh produce. Tonight the Great Lakes Folks Festival begins and we will close our day out with klezmer music and other folk genres. I got my practicing in and I think I can get a quick nap in before taking off at 11:30. And no time for zucchini bread today. I will need all my faculties to maintain for the long haul. Maybe no zucchini bread all weekend. Discipline. Saturday I think shall be a lazy day. Sunday will be a farmers market run and hopefully they vendor where I got my sweet corn last week will still have some of that marvelous white small kerneled corn that I love so much. That could be Sunday dinner. Life is full of possibilities. Hyphen is back on Monday. I have made it through the week without crises. Thanks, in part, to a parting of the ways with Patricia. Well, off to the couch for that promised nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment