Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Another one of those night

Yepper, it was.  Had a miserable headache when I got home from work and ended up canceling my mandolin lesson last night.  Fell asleep in my chair and woke up fully alert a little after midnight and couldn't get back to sleep.  So I played the mandolin for about an hour.  Finally showered and dressed and fell back asleep around 3:00.  So rested I ain't.  I have tomorrow off for my Hanukkah party and a shitload of errands.  I need and have an eye exam at 3:20 and I suspect I will need new glasses as right now to see clearly when I am tired I have to shut one eye so I don't see double.  Like now.  Sophie is going to meet me at the optician's office and help me pick out new frames.  Two years and it is time for a change.

Tonight is the first night of Hanukkah and I will light the candles before I leave tonight to get a haircut.   Maybe a latke with dinner.  Lots of latkes tomorrow for the party.   I am having six people in for a chicken dinner, latkes and two veggies.  Francis is bringing a fruit salad.  Brody's Mom a nice challah bread.  Everyone else gets to bring themselves.  Going to have mulled cider for a beverage as well as coffee.  And Sophie is bringing g homemade rugelach and macaroons.  We might even play dreidel.  Cats will probably hide out in the bedroom.  I will save the. Some chicken.  I am making a chicken and garlic braised chicken, something I can do in the slow cooker.  Soph is taking me shopping tonight for the last of the ingredients for the supper.  Then a haircut and a little nosh.

I think I have some time on my hands before work so I should practice that Bach Bouree I have been have problems with.

No comments:

Post a Comment