Friday, December 26, 2014

THE HOUSE

After sweating out the short sale of the house and getting  it, I find out last Tuesday tht closing is January 12th,  wow!!!  Now I am rushing to finishing the dealing with all the little details, like getting homeowner insurance and utilities.  Hopefully we can get the floors refinished first while waiting for th kitchen cabinets and countertops to be special ordered.  Pick out my appliances.  And basically attend to the details of the house.  I anticipate being in three by April 3rd for the first of that weekend celebrations, the 3rd of APRIL is Passover and the following Monday is opening day of baseball.  Then I think I will take that Tuesday off to enjoy the new house.

As for moving the cats.  My first idea ws to move them to the basement first ad then clear the condo out, now I think I will lock them in their room in the condo and transport them last.  Either way they will be stressed.  I may ask the vet for some kitty tranquilizers.

But basically I am very excited.  And in a tizzy.  Sophie will be off the next week but I shall see her and Ethel tomorrow for lunch and some errands,  Monday Soph is taking me to look at furniture for the new abode,  I need a dining set and a bedroom suite and I think a new sofa.  Fun, fun, fun.

So I spent today in a minor tizzy and headachy after yesterday's dinner party at my place, probably the last of the parties in the condo.   Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow petty pack but the ne t three weeks are just going to speed by.  I am also hoping my new glasses will be in Monday.  No Hyphen for two weeks,  I need to decide if I want to take Jerry with me or scatter his ashes before I move.  I need a few Hyphen session s to work that through.  And, NTW, Mal, who will be gone next week, complaining about my phone calls annoying her last week.  Bitch.  I wish she would just retire.  She is the most unhappy person I hVe ever met and I don't think I have heard one person say otherwise,

Alright,  time for the last cannoli of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment