Wednesday, December 10, 2014

My dear friend Sophie Handelman

We are going to see a show at the Jewish Community Center in West Bloomfield on Sunday called Old Jews telling Old Jokes.  My buddy Sophie Handelman is going with me. I have know Soph (I call her Soph) for years.  She is my oldest and dearest friend.  More so than Gastric you ask.  Mayhap.  Or perhaps, oh no, I can't even verbalized it.  Prior to the show we are going to the Stage Deli for a heavy lunch and Soph is under the instructions to not ask for mayo for her sandwich.  That might be the giveaway that there is some Gastric in Soph.  But I am not saying...

Tonight Gastric and JB will be my guests for dinner at the Kellogg Center for their Dickens Holiday Dinner.  Now next Wednesday is the second night of Hanukkah and I am having several people over to share food and comraderie, as well as some Hanukkah gifts from Hanukkah Harry.  For Christmas I am having people over for an Italianate supper.  Even if that is not my holiday I don't like being alone.  Jerry and I used to share a rib roast but he has been gone almost two years.  Last year I started a new tradition of Italian dinner with friends on Christmas. 

But back to Soph.  She is always there for me...all my hopes, fears, dreams and desires are but a question away with Mrs. Handelman.  She is my secret best friend.  Especially now.  Well, there is Hyphen but she is a professional and not like Mrs. Handelman, who might best be described as Pseudo-Hyphen.

Last night I wanted nothing more than to take some Valiums and just blank out for the night.  Which I actually did.  I am afraid that I upset Hyphen with some ill themed emails but I hope I have rectified the situation this morning. 

So on to a big day and night.

No comments:

Post a Comment