Sunday, September 14, 2014

Good day

Well, dear readers, I had a successful day of cooking yesterday. The new crock pot performed as advertised and the short ribs were good, not great but good. It was the first time I tried this recipe and he first time I make so ethi g I always follow the recipe to the letter. The next time I make it I shall use more beef stock, less water and mor seasoning. Garlic, and more salt and pepper. Perhaps a tad more thyme or in lieu of,thyme a few bay leaves. Today I had a lovely. Walk to the farmers' racket and got more short ribs for another go next week. Also lots of veggies for tonight's dinner which is roasted vegetables and farfalle pasta. I am roasting eggplant, zucchini, onions, grape tomatoes and whole garlic. Tossed with olive oil and salt and pepper and the house smells spectacular. I may turn it I to a small casserole and top,it with mozzarella and Parmesan Regiano cheese and bake. I have some lovely rustic bread, a ciabatta, and will toast that up with garlic and a little olive oil. I am so happy in my kitchen. I reorganized the counter with thrum turntables that I received for my last birthday and I finally put then to,use. The counter looks organized and ready to go. What I think I might do it take a relaxing nap after th veggies are done and put th casserole together after I wake up. Brody's Mom and I went to a late breakfast today and had a very good talk. I am so glad she is a close friend and my Wharton buddy for shows and symphonies. We went to a place in Okemos that use to be a very upscale restaurant but is now a terrific Greek owned Coney Island. That have great breakfasts in addition to spectacular coney dogs. Seems like, dear reader, the weekend has been full of good food and friends, the symphony on Friday was magnificent. We had our usual good seats. We are so lucky here in MSU country to have a world class concert venue. Even the recently remodeled Fairchild Auditorium is a wonderful place to hear music and see the MSU Opera Theater. No knock on Detrot (well, yes, in a sense) but I am so luck to have movie here when I did and have been able to see the rise of MSU into a truly wonderful place of education and culture. I love it here. It is really my home and MSU has been my family. Yes, I have Brody's Mom, Gastric and her/our family. But at a low point in my life MSU has nurture me and provided a glorious place to work and great relationships with people. As Nanci Griffiths' opined "I Love This Town". And the house smells wonderful. Time to check,on the veggies and see what I want to do next. Tootle loo

No comments:

Post a Comment