Sunday, September 28, 2014

Petoskey Posse

Well, gentle reader, mayhap you missed yesterday's post. In truth you did not.  The Petoskey Posse was on the Jerky Jaunt.  Yes, Gastric, Br\ody's Mom and I went on the Great Jerky Jaunt.  A three hour drive to the pleasant burg of Petoskey, a resort town on the banks of Lake Michigan, home of, as I just discovered, to Gastric and mine favorite TV show, the Blacklist's Megan Boone.  Cool, eh? Anyway, we stopped midway up at Gastric's favorite rest stop and, well, rested a bit.  Brody's Mom did all the driving.  I had given her a GPS for her birthday and programmed it to go from her home to a restaurant on 321 Bay Street and had a fabulous lunch overlooking the Lake.  It was glorious, both the food and the view.  The place is the Palette, and was recommended by a friend of Captain Morgan's, and it certainly lived up to her hype.  After a leisurely lunch we walked the shopping district and I found way too much to buy at a store that specialized in olive oils and balsamic vinegars.  Then on to a kitchen store.  By then I was getting tired and Gastric had finked out on the walk as her knee was very sore.  We walked back to her people watching bench and headed to a toy store and then back to the car to go in search of JERKY!!!  I programmed the newly christened GPS, "Alberta"' to go to,Plath's Meats on East Mitchell Street.  Lo and behold we arrived prior to closing and we all purchased great beef jerky. Our quest had been very successful.  And Gastric and I talked about going up again, perhaps on a Friday night and staying overnight, getting up early for breakfast and a round of shopping.  On the way back I was feeling uncomfortable and sweating like a whore in church on Sunday which is my now somewhat normal reaction to stomach upset, either colitis or Ursula the Ulcer has returned.  Since last Friday when I was at a luncheon at the Kellogg Center on campus, I have been unable to eat without some gastric upset.  And, no, I am not actually related to Gastric.  I just have similar proclivities.  On the way back home I slept some and then turned into the beast that needed to get home NOW!  Brody's Mom wanted to take Gastric home and see her dog, but I didn't want to go.  I did protest, somewhat in the mode of shall we say a bitch.  They relented and took me home first for the beast must be obeyed.  Once home, I relaxed, took my meds and calmed down.  But the tummy continues to be an issue.  Being gentle to it today.  I did go to the farm market and got some lovely veggies and a great loaf of bread.  All of which I split three ways to give to Gastric and the Evil Nutella.

And thus ends a rather long post.

No comments:

Post a Comment