Thursday, September 25, 2014

Winging it

I think that is what I am going to call the new song I wrote, right now a mandolin instrumental with words to perhaps follow.  Figuring the chord structure out and I am happy with it thus far.  Make a nice gift got G. Wayne, Brody's Mom's grandson.  Winging It comes from his truncated name.  It's sounding good.  I will play it for Ben on Monday.  I did practice for forty minutes this morning and I am still having some problems with Bill Monroe's Gold Rush.  It will come.

I see my psychiatrist today.  The Soul Sucker used to think the only reason I saw him was to get drugs, which is a big "D'uh" in my book.  I am bipolar, for goodness sake.  I don't like taking all the drugs but they keep me stable and I never want to be that far out there again.  But according to her, they were recreational drugs and I took too many.  What a shit!  Yes, I emerged from the office with four prescriptions, a sheath of paper, but all necessary.  And the complaint was coming from a woman who didn't want to be off her anti-anxiety medication.  What a hypocrite.

So that is the basic game plan for the day.  Work, break. Work, lunch, work, break and work to be followed by shrink visit.  Later tonight a friend is coming over to pick up a chair I purchased that is too big for the condo,  a large bean bag chair.  Just no room for it.  Oh, and I forgot to mention.  I bought an Irish Bouzouki.  Or maybe I did.  In any event it has shipped and should be here soon.  I'll have to take it in to be set up.  But it is like a large mandolin, tuned the same way but an octave lower.  It should sound great, played with a mandolin or solo.  The mandolin option would sound great with good harmonics.  I hope it is here and set up by Monday and I can play with Ben.  I am so excited.

And BTW, Shana Tova.  Yes, it is the Jewish New Year, the Days of Awe, to be followed by Yom Kippur.  I am actually going to go to synagogue on Yom Kippur.  And I am actually joining the same synagogue.  Like you do.  But who knew?

Alright...I am off!

No comments:

Post a Comment