Thursday, June 12, 2014

Beethoven's Violin Concerto in D major, op. 61

Probably one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written.  I have been listening to it for over two hours, again and again.  I used to favor the Mendelssohn Concerto in E minor, op. 64.  Really, both are phenomenal pieces of music, but the Beethoven is my new fave.  So if you have an hour to savor it here is a link to Itzhak Perlman playing with the Berlin Philharmonic.
Beethoven's Violin Concerto

The first movement just takes my breath away.  Makes me believe that there is a higher power somewhere that inspires musical genius such as this.  Mendelssohn made me a believer.  This reinforces the power of music.


Okay, I have to be honest here.  I have my iPod on shuffle so it is truly fortunate that this piece came into "play" today.  The somewhat mystical power of the iPod gods sent this my way today and it has helped lift my spirits from a software malfunction to an elevated state of expectation of what the day holds in store.  Music is my solace, whether I hear it played or I play myself.  Mayhap I can find a few people to play with and practice.  Teaching lessons tomorrow so maybe I can bribe someone into playing a few songs along with me on the mandolin, ere know they are guitar lessons I'll be teaching.  Maybe Joshua or Dakota will amaze me with their progress and be up to playing along. 

Wishful thinking...magical thinking.



No comments:

Post a Comment