Sunday, June 22, 2014

This is not it

I don't know quite what it is, but this isn't it.  Lots of upsetting images in my head.  Last night at the jazz concert I thought I saw some one who had passed away a number of years ago.  Now I can only imagine decomposing bodies laying in graves.  Not pleasant.  I have my late friend Jerry under my end table in a box in a bag.  He can't decay and I can't bring myself to scatter the ashes.  This isn't it.

Today...not so much.  Baseball was the order of the day.  Not death and  destruction.  Avoiding Patricia, who wants to have Chinese food tonight.  Again, not so much.

Went to a ball game downtown with friends from my past and present.  Sunny day, face got some sun...thank goodness I had the benefit of sunscreen provided by the old boyfriend's wife.  And we won the game, and the Tigers won so I should fixate on mor pleasant stuff.

Hyphen Therapy tomorrow.  This coming week is busy.  I have to do blood work Wednesday for the new arthritis medication I am taking.  I worry about my health and how long I have.  Patricia wants to spent time writing her obituary, so she will be remembered by her deeds not actio .  But in a month or a year what will it really matter.

Sunday, bummer Sunday.

I think I know what it is.  Solstice has come and gone and now the days start getting shorter.  I much prefer the winter solstice as the days begin to subtly lengthen.  Now they subtly shorten...so by the time Brody's mom has her birthday the days are starting to get shorter and soon the students will be back, all depressing thoughts.

And the cycle continues, with or without my complicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment