Saturday, June 21, 2014

Solstice

Unlike yesterday, which was the second cool, cloudy and rainy Friday in a row, in addition to a day to be restrung, today is glorious, thus far.  Sun is out, the sky be blue and all is right with my world.  Today some errands and the jazz festival, tomorrow a Lugnuts game with the library staff and some of their dogs (Bark in the Park).  I also have three out of town friends coming up for the game.  Yes, an old college boyfriend whose heart I assumed I broke, and his wife, whose heart I don't think I broke.  I reconnected with the boyfriend after my father died and I had to sell the family manse in Detroit.  And guess who was my realtor?  A blast from the past. Still as sweet as he ever was and so very good to be, both then and now.  It will be good to spend an afternoon with them, as well as my friend from Toledo.

I went down to Patricia last night and she was alright.  Still to smoking,  still so self absorbed that she is hard to make contact with.  And as soon as I got back to my place, one floor up, she called to ask a favor, which I was unable to comply with, much to her disappointment,  I have plans today and so does she and she can have her friend do the errand for her, not me.  It was actually putting on a necklace for her, but again, she can have her friend who,is taking her to Battle Creek do it for her.  Gastric, sister of Gastric and I at going out for lunch and then shopping.  I have plans.  I plan to be at the jazz festival by 4:00 so there will be no nap for baby today.

I have decided the next extra will be entitled Outrageous Fortune.  Let's see how that plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment