Monday, June 16, 2014

Birthday week

Yes at some point this week I turn a page in my book of  my life.  Shhh, it's a secret.  And I just learned something: Spellcheck says three 'H''s in Shhh.  Who knew?

  I am pulling a full hyphen today, both noun and verb.  I look fabulous.

The libraries' staff awards are today.  I am not expecting anything but I do like to go and see who gets the awards.  I suspect once the current director is retired the awards will cease or change format.  Who knows what the future holds.  Not I, that is for damn sure.

I have my mandolin lesson tonight and I am a little less frightened  by the prospect.  The lighter strings have helped somewhat but my playing is still sloppy. The nine months I had to take off due to a hand injury still is taking its toll.  Any little ache and I worry that I have injured the hand again.  I ice, I stretch, I worry.  Mostly worry, but that is my nature; my very essence as it were.  I fret about frets.  And at the same time  my musical muse has left the scene and I am not writing a much as I would like.  Music comes. But words fail me.  I am hoping this blog might incite some ideas.

So I will start the week in the hole as I was off Friday, as is my summer habit.  I have to run my reports, as well as a weekly report that was run Thursday night but I report out on Mondays in the summer.  And the two hours for the staff awards will put me farther behind.  Who cares, eh?  The move of Tech Services continues and not a lot of  cataloging is getting done so my work load varies from day to day.  And there's a hole In the wall, dear Suzy, dear Suzy.  Loud noises last week lead to four new office spaces for librarians.  I stay put.  After so many years I finally have a wonderful view of our beautiful campus.

I am just thinking about death...part of my work is to "dead" people, close there dates.  So Tom Clancy, recently DOA, had to close his dates.  Makes me all too aware of the frailties of life.  So when Hyphen (noun) says we don't have much time left, if really hits home.

I might at some point discuss walking turtles.  I have to wait for the precise moment to strike

Well, apparently I have  naught of importance to say today so off I go.  Sun is coming up and I think I will go outside and wait for my ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment