Sunday, June 15, 2014

Second light

Had a delightful walk into town and totally forgot it was Fathers' Day.  Restaurant, which we shall call Beggars, was very busy, as opposed to the last time we were there.  Waited for a table for about five minutes and talked our gossipy heads off for almost forty five minutes before the food arrived.  Toasted each other's fathers with coffee and diet Coke and a flute of champagne, or actually Cava as it was Spanish in origin.  After another forty five minutes of eating and chatting three of us headed to the famers' market.  Still too early for much of the seasonal produce, but still I picked up some homemade pestos, hamburger patties from the Lonesome Pines Meat Company (they have terrific meats and decent prices and you know it is always fresh, even if it is frozen).  They we three headed our separate ways.  Me, kinda beating myself up.  Was I too talkative?  Was I a jerk?  I was feeling very insecure.  I wanted to reassure myself that I was not the insensitive moron that I felt I might have been.  Oh, dear Hyphen, where is the command to go gently and breathe?

Anyway, by the time I got home I was a little more settled.  Returned some phone calls and prepared for a bit of, you got it a nap.  This time Gonif laid with me and Simcha was looking out the window from his usual perch on the couch.  Yankel was in another window sleeping.  Thus all was right with the world.  As for dinner, I am anxious that Patricia, aka Crazy Neighbor, will call and want to order in.  I will not defer to her wishes. Tonight, I think, some pasta salad with black olive pesto sounds good.  I think I will head out and get some fresh bread to go with it.  A nice salad.  No meat.  My triglycerides were very high last week, and it have all the problems that could cause such a spike, e.g., thyroid issues, kidney issues, liver issues, etc.  So a little less red meat and more pasta and I think I will pick up some avocado oil to have on hand.

So, I am off (obligatory self deprecating remark inserted here).  Headed to the store.  No pictures, no grand allusions,  just a gentle good evening.

Off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment