Saturday, June 21, 2014

Post-Solstice

Went to lunch with Gastric and her evil sister, Nutella.  She had a rather extensive whine list but we all had a nice time in spite of that.  Did anorther Red Lobster run as Gastric felt like lobster bisque and I was feeling rather kindly toward a plate of mussels, which I loaded up with fresh lemon and shared a taste with Nutella, who expressed her approval.  I bought my new collapsible shopping bag with me as a Kroger run was in order.  Gonif needed some turkey.  He, of the hyperthyroid issues, eats sliced turkey for meals, as otherwise we do scarf and barf with the dry food.  Just gobbles it up...so to speak.  I cut up thick slices of turkey and he eats it slowly and deliberately...no scarfing.  But, I digress.  This new shopping bag holds an immense amount of goods.  And not thinking, belly full of mussels, I filled that bag and had to carry home a heavy bag.  I managed, but just so.  By the time I got home it was 2:00.  I took a little nap and off at 3:30 to walk downtown to the jazz festival.  Was a lovely afternoon, a nice day for a walk.  Saw Sunny Wilkinson and thoroughly enjoyed her performance.  We, at MSU, have an exceptional College of Music with a phenomenal jazz department. Ms. Wilkinson is on the faculty, as is Diego Rivera, who is a magnificent jazz saxophone musician.  He and his quartet were the next act up.   I finally walked home and picked up some wild catnip on the way home for Simcha, who rather enjoyed it.  Home for the night I grazed some and finally made a sandwich for dinner.  I called my aunt in California and spoke with her for about a half hour.  Caught up with the family news. Asked her if she knew of a Levy family in a small town east of East Lansing.  She did not.  That Levy family, apparently no relation, made a donation,in my name to an endowment I have at the veterinary college. I sent them a thank you note and thanked them and asked who the heck they were, other than the fact that we share the same last name.  Maybe they will send me some more details.

Quiet in the house. Simcha is in bed in the music room and the other two boys are in the living/bedroom with me.  Watching the Dodgers play San Diego and listening to my rave fave, Vin Scully.  For him I will stay up late and watch the game.   Detroit was leading in the nineth but blew that and now it is tied In the tenth.  Superstitious as I am I took my Tigers' banner off my door and since then they have started a small winning streak.  Tigers just took the lead again.  Let's see what they can do it it.  If they lose the Tigers' doormat goes and the Spartans Doormat comes into play.  Don't know what I can do for the team beyond that to help my Tigers,

Sunday brings us to a Lugnuts game.  I think I will go out to breakfast and skip the farmers' market.  Or not, skip the market that is,  I can be home well before my friend Nita will arrives from Toledo.  Will be good to see her again.  She just retired and is a bit at loose ends shall we say.  I can't say I need much at the farmers' market but the walk would do me good.  Luggies have been doing pretty good.  Last game we went to they had a walk off run by virtue of an intentional walk gone awry.

That is the weekend thus far.  Tomorrow promises to be a nice day, with only a hint of rain in the forecast.  Right now breakfast out and a newspaper and coffee sounds like a plan.

Cubs win, Cubs...er, I mean Tigers pull another one out of their collective ass.  Three game in a row.  The Tigers doormat stays put, but the banner stays down.

No comments:

Post a Comment