Saturday, October 11, 2014

A house in my future?

Well, dear friends, I have made a decision and hope I can follow through.  There is a darling house, a two bedroom ranch close to where I live now.  It is perfect for me and the boys.  I am going to see it on Sunday.  I will probably make a bid on it at that point.  There is not a lot of yard to mow or sidewalk to clear of snow.  It has all the appliances, even a washer and dryer, but no microwave,  that is easily remedied.  It's a brick  house with a lovely screened in porch as an entrance to the front door.  I can see me and the cats sitting there on a summer's morning, reading the paper and sipping coffee, the cats luxuriating in the sun.  I am really hopeful that the house lives up to my expectations and I have made arrangements to get my current residence painted and ready for sale should it come to that.  No more stairs for me, although there is also a finished basement with a half bath and also a wet bar.  Plenty of storage and I can get stuff back from friends.  I can have an actual music room and and actual bedroom.  The latter I may or may not use. It it can always be a guest room.  Oh my gosh I am so excited,  I had seen the house for sale all summer and it spoke to me.  Once I went online and did the virtual tour I called my realtor and told her to work on it.  My financial guy said it was a go.  So I am good to go.  After the viewing on Sunday I am going to go to brunch with the Turtle Lady and Mr. Nikon.  I will be so excited.  Maybe I will take my phone and snap pictures.  Before buying it I will have it inspected.  I want to make sure the furnace and roof are in Good shape,  but what I can tell you is it has lovely oak floors. Some great built in oak shelves and cabinets.  The kitchen is an actual kitchen. And there is also a small breakfast nook.  Oh, I can't wait until Sunday.

More to come

No comments:

Post a Comment