Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Mal-content

Well, while waiting for the other shoe to drop I almost literally ran into Mal, who did not kill me or engage in conversation, but ignored me.  I guess the war may be over and the battle won. I guess.  She may blow at any minute.   Who knows with her.

I contacted one of my coworkers who I know to have a good sense of style and she is going to help with fine tuning the house.  She lured me against my will to a number of rather cool furniture sites.  I saw the dining room set I MUST have.  Kinda of a contemporary oak design.  It's more than I wanted to spend but I can cut back on area rugs for the time being and devote that money to the dining room. Decided on black appliances again.  Picked out my wants and tried to bring it in under $7,000.  So I will still with the black theme and accent with red throughout the kitchen/dining/living area.  The bedroom will be espresso woods and the music room will have the old area rug.  I did see a great red area rug for the dining area.

I think I can do my 20% down payment, closing costs and remodel for about too much mo ey.  But I can spray it out over several months,  I do need all the outlets and light switches upgraded and replaced.  Now I have to hope the inspection goes well enough.

So, I apologize for fixating on the house and to a lesser extent Mal but that is what is keeping me up at night,  it is going on 2:00 a.m. and I should try to get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment