Thursday, October 23, 2014

Ms. Cranky Pants here.

C'est moi.

Had a quiet evening at home.  Spoke with my contractor and we are getting together in a week to go over plans.  I am both dreading and looking forward to that.  I will go by what he wants to do.  We spoke briefly yesterday and he had some good ideas.  I am thinking of having the bathroom tub turned into a stall shower, something befitting my senior status.  Like I say, we will talk.  And then he can speak with the financial guy and we can take it from there.

Tomorrow is a big donors' dinner on campus.  They are setting up huge tents in the shadow of Beaumont Tower.  Business casual is the attire.  Looks like a an enjoyable evening.  The food sounds splendid. Additionally Saturday is the big rivalry football game MSU/UM.  The students are guarding the statue of Sparty.  So it is green tomorrow and Saturday cheering the home team on.  Go Green

I was looking at today's date and thought it was November 23rd  and had a moment.  The day that Jack Kennedy was killed my mother wrote that date on the basement wall near the ironing board (November 22, 1963)  I thought this weird as she was a Goldwater Republican (it happens in the best of families) and not the most tolerant of others.  I never knew it it was as in a remembrance of the man or the day history started anew for her.  She hated Democrats...blamed FDR for the Holocaust.  Imagine her disgust when I turned into one of the people she hated.  And my dad would forever tease me about cancelling my vote out at the polling place.  I don't think my mom voted much.  My dad did, also a Goldwater Republican (it happens).  As I think back they were the only Republicans in the family.  So the apple did fall far from the tree, or, more appropriately, the shit fell farther from the bat.

No comments:

Post a Comment