Thursday, October 30, 2014

If Detroit can't win it all...

I am happy the Giants won the World Series and not just because I won a $10 bet.  I hate KC.  Originally I had wagered $5 but after the Giants went up 3-2 I told my wagering compadre that double or nothing that it would go all seven games.  Yee-ha...it did and the Giants won it all.  Almost blew it in the bottom of the ninth on a E-8, but the last KCbatter fouled out to the Panda and voila, they won it all, and so did I.

Today after the Diversity Social at work I am meeting with my general contractor to go get what I want done to the new house.  I have a list and so does he.  I don't know if we will be going to the house for a walk through.  A friend is coming along for the ride and to see the house.  I just want a day off and a little peace of mind, some rest and a quick resolution, and closing.  I am saving my vacation time for when I move and have to take some time off to get settled. Then I can start taking Fridays off for the summer and really take care of the new house.

Yes, looking forward to the time off at Thanksgiving.  I enjoy working over the Christmas holidays as it is so quiet at worki can get a great deal of work done.  Two months left to this year.  If I can make it patiently through the next ninety days I will be good to go for the move.  But a day off would be lovely.

So, now I am going go to work and relish my wager win.

No comments:

Post a Comment