Friday, October 10, 2014

Late night practice

Up at midnight again and unable to go back to sleep.  The story of my  life.  I got up and practiced for forty five minutes and still have problems with Gold Rush, but it is getting better.

I ordered a new Mac Book and should be able to get it next week and I have already committed the old one to sale and will take my stuff off and get it ready for its new owner.  I got a huge hard drive and will be able to write and score my own music.  I am looking forward to a great retirement in a few years of writing and recording my own music.

Yesterday was the Tech Services open house and tour.  I had my own balloon with "authority control" written upon it.  It was a noisy day and thank the stars that Mal was not in attendance as she would have been complaining all day.  Her whole team are nothing but whiners and supervising them must be like herding cats.  I am hopeful that Mal will also take today off.  The whole mood of the work environment lightens when she is not in attendance.  Just is a happier place without her.  Why in the world one person is allowed to run roughshod over the whole team is beyond me.  But again her whole team is like that...CMS team, Can't Mind Supervisors.  I am on a two person team, Metadata Management Unit.  I love my supervisor and we work really well together.  And have some fun Doing it.  Data wrangling, that be us.  The Cowgirls of the Catalog.

Here's hoping for a Mal-less day.

No comments:

Post a Comment