Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Another thing I suck at...

Reading music.  When I learned guitar I learned where the notes were but nothing on whole, half, quarters , eight notes and beyond.  He played, I followed.  So now at the ripe age of  60 I am doing basic work in timing and playing what is written.  I am very frustrated and angry at myself for not catching on.  And when I get angry and frustrated I want to destroy the object of my frustration, in this case the iPad with the killer music app.   Oh, my God, I just am so ready to stop lessons and not deal with the frustration.  Unfortunately I am not a quitter.  I keep trying.  At some point, I am hoping, it will 'click'.  And I am learning some things every lesson.  Chords are coming easier.  It just so hard to practice in the midst of frustration.  I don't deal well with being frustrated, but then who does?  Well, I will have a nice four day weekend to actually spend some real time practicing.  At least an hour a day.  Maybe more.

Four days off.  Thursday is absolutely a do nothing day.  Maybe after practicing I can put together a new bookshelf.  I have a good problem...too many books.  The new shelf is more aesthetically pleasing than practical but I am a disaffected Bohemian.  I should be able to finish the book on blackmail tonight and start something new on the morrow.  Dinners out Friday and Saturday.  A visit to a farmers' market this weekend.  So, all in all, aside from musical frustration, it looks like a nice four days.  Brody's Mom and I are going to a ball game and firework on the 4th, preceded by dinner out.

So I am just rambling.  I am ready to leave my house to Joyce to clean today and pray that she doesn't break anything.  She has a lot of houses to clean and she tends to be a little too fast for her/my own good.  And it's not that she breaks things; she doesn't own up to it.  If she just leave me a quick note...I did_____ and I am sorry.  She's a good person but a little too rough.  But the cats don't seem to mind her.

Here's hoping for a good day and more blog fodder.  Speaking of which, this is my 50th posting.  Let's celebrate verbosity!

No comments:

Post a Comment