Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The new rug

I purchased a new rug for the living room. It's red and black and goes well with the furniture. Gonif has been going bonkers since it was put down, zooming all over the house, literally bouncing off the walls to welcome it and today her had the official puking welcome. Surprisingly it cleans up much better than the old rug. So between the zooming, the fact that Yankel lays on it instead of the wood floor, and Simcha goes into his famous belly up rub my tummy pose, I believe it is well liked by my crew. I did have a rough night last night. Just didn't feel well. Still a little oogie this morning. Started the day with a Coke (and not a smile) to settle my stomach down. Topped it off with a Dramamine. Doing better now. Of course you know what will make my day...Emily and the ducklings. Shifting gears. I meet with the nutritionist today at 2:30. Should be done by 4:00. So what should dinner be tonight? Who cares? Changing gears. I have no idea if Patricia has gone to the hospital. I suspect she is down in her darkened condo wondering why I don't care enough to call her to see how she is doing. "Nobody loves me" she must opine. And, it's true. I have enough stuff going on that I don't care enough to become engaged with her again. So when she calls for her medical supplies I will deliver and that is all. You know what? I think I will write out a note for her now...strike while the iron is hot. More to come...(time marches on). I leave the box with a handwritten note down at Patricia's door. Couldn't hear if the TV was on but I am pretty certain she is home and not the hospital. The note was a few paragraphs long. First I told her I couldn't order stuff for her anymore and that she owed me $35 for the medical supplies. The next two paragraphs thanked her for giving me space and I told her I needed a longer time to deal with issues from therapy and I wouldn't be seeing her. Then I wished her well and good health. Finally, I concluded with a note saying that she would perceive of my note as "cowardly" (that how she referred to a similar note she got from Brody's Mom) and that I was sorry she would have that perception but I need to take care of myself first. Hopefully she is not laying on her deathbed. I am sure I will get a voice mail. But I am tired of being played by her and I need to move on. So, hopefully, this is the last Viper related blog entry. Now out to see the ducks...(more time passes) We had a full blown duck patrol this morning. Not Emily, sadly, but three young almost full grown ducks. Gastric got so excited when she spotted them headed our way. Me, too, if I am honest. It's always a good day when ducks come for a morning feed. One flew right past my head and I could feel the breeze generated by her wings. Ah, sweet duckies of life at last I have found you. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

No comments:

Post a Comment