Friday, July 11, 2014

On to other topics

Patricia has recently gotten into the habit of calling me at work.  The first time she called I said I was busy.  The next time she called she left me a rather pathetic voice mail as I was away from my desk.  Basically she wanted me to say a prayer for a nephew's dog.  Yes, this was certainly worth calling me at work.  Hopefully I will have a chance to talk to her, calmly, this weekend, and let her know that is not acceptable behavior.  My work phone is for work and then only for emergencies,  not to ask for a Jewish prayer for dead, a Kaddish, as the dog was not dead.  When the dog does die she will be a wreck again, saying the boy doesn't need that pain.  Well who the hell does?  It happens.  Get over it.  And it isn't your frigging dog.  I often say she has the worse empathy of any social worker I know, but if it is in her family she goes off the deep end.  I may be a cold and indifferent person, I don't know.  I do know I don't need her calling me at work with such bullshit.  Yes, more explicit boundaries need to be set.  But not this week.  I am taking a Patricia vacation.  And working on stuff for me.  Monday is another therapy day and I want to have anothrer book read.  And I have some plans with a friend.  Not to mention the farmers' market and getting together with a friend and playing guitars.  Until Tuesday I do not have time for Patricia.  And that is firm.

I take Fridays off in the summer so I don't know if Donna Duck showed today.  I got some feedback from folks at work and Donna will be getting cracked corn next week, not breadsticks.  I hear you folks.  Bread and crackers are bad for waterfowl and I will follow the will of the library's concern  for Donna.  Sometimes a pleasant story is taken to extreme by some and turned into a negative.  Oh vey, as one woman said,  is there such a thing as too much empathy?  Is there Patricia?

No comments:

Post a Comment