Monday, July 28, 2014

Ducks on the Dock

Nothing gets my day rolling better that Ducks on the Dock. I am hoping Donna, with all four duckies, will appear and, if not, Emily Duckinson with her three and try and convince myself they are not actually the same ducks and that Donna might have lost one of her babes. Ah, Darwinism at work; the weakest may have perished. But right now I refuse to believe that. They must be safe and well and not actually part of another critter's food chain. While Social Darwinism is alive and well in this country actual Darwinism on a smaller scale on my own loading dock is unthinkable. Gastric will be her shortly and off I go to feed the ducks. I will be back in a few... Well, no Donna or Emily, perhaps due to a hawk in a nearby tree earlier this morning. I hope all is well and good in Duck Land. However, we did manage to see a new simile in action...like a raccoon riding a garbage truck. Obviously the raccoon, which was riding on top of the truck when Gastric first saw it and blathered like a idiot that there was a raccoon riding the garbage truck, had been picked up at a previous dumpster and had emerged from the compactor intact and was on the cab of the truck when it got to the Library stop. The raccoon then ran across the windshield of the truck, down the front of the truck and hauled ass. Rocky was last sighted running behind the Admin Building and headed towards the safety of the river. Gastric and I then shared a few gastric moments ultimately erupting in a cascade of laughter and then coined the new simile, which I am certain we will use repeatedly throughout the day and into the future anytime we experience fear equal to that of being trapped in a compactor with only one route to safety, like a raccoon riding a garbage truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment