Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The water gets shut off

Thanks to Patricia's insolent use of her toilet they have to snake, rattle and roll the pipes in the building, necessitating complete shutoff of the water in the building for six hours.  The cat litter being flushed has formed a concrete like dam in her unit and the toilet has to be removed and virtually dynamited to clear the obstruction.  And of course they are doing it in the afternoon. So I won't have water until 7 tonight.  And let me tell you this is an old building and her litter flushing borders between stupid and inconsiderate.  I have lived here eighteen years and she has lived here longer so she has years of misuse to the plumbing to pay for.  And pay she will.  And she better not try to borrow money from me.  Maybe this will put our dinner on the 5th on hold.  Oh, the humanity.

Speaking of Patricia.  The book on emotional blackmail is proving to be of great help.  I am able to recognize my behaviors and how I have been responding to her.  I can now identify problem areas and set more and better boundaries.  Good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment