Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Putting the brakes on

I wish I could put the brakes on summer and slow the days down.  As I get older time seems to be a frequent flyer.  And working at a university I get the same back to school angst I got when I used to have to go back to school in September. Here it is late August when the students flood into town.  Summer is so quiet and and easy to get around.  Campus is lovely, even in the rain like today.  I know we are losing two minutes of sunlight a day and that makes me sad.  By Brody's Mom birthday in August it will be palpable.  End of summer festivities like the Great Lakes Folk Festival really marks the end of summer for me.  Oh, I will still go to the farmers' market on the weekend.  That goes until the end of October.  Soon the tomatoes will be out and the corn will be ready.  But it all foreshadows the end of summer as we know.

I am going to drink my coffee now and ponder the universe; something even Einstein couldn't really comprehend.  What is one to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment