Thursday, July 17, 2014

Donna and the Donnettes

The girls did pay a visit this morning.  Donna and three other female ducks all came for a hearty breakfast of corn and other seeds.   And they made the cutest noises, not very duck-like but more like baby snorts, almost squeaks of joys.  I just hope I have not earned the disapproval of the trolls of the library by having the ducks here for breakfast in the morning.  The more the merrier I say.  Even the garbage truck guys were careful in the lot not to frighten the ducks.  I "herded" them under a tree beyond the parking lot and gave them a pile of corn and seed to devour when I went into the building for the day.  I have tomorrow off, but I have given Gastric food for the morrow.  I know I have a obligation to tend to my flock now that they are accustomed to coming here for food.  And, man oh man, does it make my day.  Turns my frown upside down.  Well, girls, we are going to Horrock's tomorrow and more Jimmy cracked corn with be coming your way on Monday.  It warms the cockles of my heart.  You like me, you really like me.


Donna Duck Here for the Czarina who is weeping tears of joy over our appearance today.

Cut the Czarina some slack here.  She has so little in her life that us coming to cheer her up is the least we can do for the gourmet feast she puts before us each day we magically appear from under the bridge, and there are no trolls in our land.  And knowing she will be home nursing a cold but has left Gastric in charge of our feeding makes our little duck hearts flutter in our breasts.  I brought the girls with me today, my siblings, as we now feel safe enough here to come for duck chow.  Sorry we were late yesterday.  We did miss you. 

Now, as for Monday.  Be here or be here.  No in-between.  We can't want to try out the new corn feed.  Have a great weekend Czarina and feel better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment