Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Bumpy start redux

Something in therapy yesterday struck a real nerve and I have been unsettled since. I believe it has to do with my recent health issues and residue from a past relationship, most notably THE EX. Gastric, aka Pseudo Hyphen, was unable to get me out of my mood and if it weren't for the duck visitation today I might still be deep in a funk. Mildly rescued due to the fowl appearance this morning and the sense that Donna Duck recognized me as one of her own and brought her babies over to see me improved the mood. But more to the point I feel lately as if I am more defined by my health issues than who I might actually be. I'd just like the chance to be me for a change and not a list of my symptoms. I share some medical issues now with The Ex. And Hyphen thinks I need to do some trauma work on that subject, which I am anxious to do and hope I can start this Friday with an extra session, providing I can cop a ride there. Hopefully JB or LAD will be able to take me and then I can reciprocate and take them to lunch or something, providing I am not a puddle of goo after the session. Hyphen, dear Hyphen, is vacating the week of the 4th-10th. I feel pressured to get some real work done before then and then do my best to avoid the Viper to maintain equilibrium that week. Get the hell out of funky town. I was a bitch this morning to Simcha, who merely wanted some attention while I was attending to something else. And then to compound the injury, I inadvertently stepped on his tail. So he was no where to be seen by the time I left, although I left extra treats in the treat tower for him and left the air on for all the cats. My temper, when I am in a mood, is fast and swift and I have a hard time reigning it back in before I hurt myself or one of the cats. Hopefully I can get away with a raised voice and a few well place fuxs. Not this morning; I was swinging mad. I need to calm down and get some control over my emotions. Donna was a blessing this morning, fourfold with the ducklings, and no trolls complained about leftover seed in the parking lot. So that is the full morning report, short fuse and all. And I got absolutely no good work done on the mandolin this morning before my temper got the best of me and I had to put it away before I destroyed the world and my instruments. Fux. Hopefully the purple pigmy polo ponies and the gurgling turtles stay at bay and are not activated by my moods. Fat chance, says the fat chick. Fat chance. And speaking of fat, I now have a registered dietician I can report to and get some nutritional advice. Yet another practitioner to rescue me from myself. Yee Haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment