Wednesday, July 23, 2014

What a difference.

As Gastric is picking me up this morning and the purple pigmy polo ponies are at bay I have a little extra time before I depart for work. No shit fits this morning. Simcha was a good boy. Lunches are made, music has been practiced without incident and the aquaponic fish tank has taken root. Best of all the Betta seems to be thriving. I came home late from work yesterday to find the wheat grass I planted on Saturday had sprouted. Wonder of wonders, I guess I set it up correctly! Today is the ice cream social at work. I will be busy most of the afternoon. Then Brody's Mom and I are going to see her Pilates instructor and maybe I will be inspired to go on a permanent basis. Who knows? I have an extra session with Hyphen this week on my Friday off. The days of summer are dwindling and I have fewer three day weekends to enjoy. Hyphen also recommend Hyohen Squared, a nutritionist to counsel me on my burgeoning health needs. I see her on the 30th. I have to keep a short term food diary for the visit next week. And pages of history and lab work. Next Wednesday will be a long day, too. As for Donna and her ducklings, I hope she waddles over for some cracked corn and various seeds. Yesterday I learned ducks are monogamous. Who knew that ducks are more faithful than The Ex? Serial, or perhaps cereal, monogamy was more their style. And as I was getting ready to move out The Ex announced someone new would be moving in the same day as The Ex needed to be cared for. Couldn't live alone because of the diabetes issue. I knew they would never be alone like I would be. But I have come to enjoy my singularity. That's how I prefer to think of it. They have their keeper, I have my freedom. Thus spake I. I also have my spiders, Naomi and Phoebe. Life is full of possibilities, with the possible exception of longevity. So, this morning is off to a better start than was yesterday. I have the comfort of a Hyphen session to look forward to on Friday. I will have all weekend to process and then have another session on Monday, the last before she vacates. That should give me a good basis for introspection. I am hopeful the ice cream social goes well. If not, well, we tried. And I can be blamed for moving it up on the calendar as my fellow board members wanted it to be in Late August, a week before classes start. Not a good time for a busy staff. Okay, off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment