Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Bumpy start

I was fit to be tied this morning as when I was trying to play the mandolin, Simcha, who is never a bother, bothered the hell out of me this morning. Snagged my slacks, which only served to annoy me more, and my temper got the best of me and I snapped and yelled at the poor cat who had no clue what was going on. To put in mildly I was in a mood. Well, the mood lifted when my Donna Duck and her four babies came for breakfast this morning. You say "How can you be so sure it was Donna?". I say "She came right to me from across the parking lot and plunked her tail feathers down for a repast, right in front of me" That is to say she recognized me. I am certain of it. The foursome last week must have been the ladies in waiting to my fair Donna, or perhaps they were the Pseudo-Donnas. But she has four of the cutest ducklings I have ever seen. I mean, she made a beeline to me this morning. No hesitation. Provided the custodial crew with a hearty morning laugh out on the loading dock. Hopefully the trolls that oversee the lot aren't too upset with the few kernels of corn that was left. But I have teased you long enough. Here is Donna, the Madonna Duck, and her ducklings.

No comments:

Post a Comment