Friday, July 25, 2014

Gastric and me

I am hoping that Gastric will tend to my "flock" this morning as I enjoy, as much as I can, one of my last Fridays off before the start of the school year. Gastric has a bag of duck and duckling food and my best wishes for a morning at work, preceded by the loading dock sitting with friends and ducks. Donna and Emily will have to make do. Gastric is going back to Horrock's today and will pick up some smaller feed for the ducklings, as the cracked corn is a little too big for the babies. Today I have an insurance physical, followed by the revelation of the contents of the Viper's note to me at Hyphen's, although I am debating opening it this morning and saving Hyphen for better uses. And if I open the envelope now, I could share it with you. Oh, decisions. I hope also to get a nap in this afternoon before going out to dine with Friends Without Aliases. We are going out for BBQ at a new place for me, Meat. Ribs or brisket is my taste for today. Gastric should be getting up soon. I will call her about 7:00 and see if the ducks appeared this morning. Actually, yesterday, as I was getting rady to depart, my friend came and got me as Emily and her ducklings had come back to the library for a late afternoon feed, thus getting my weekend off to a good start, and necessitating a Gastric run to Horrock's for more duck chow. They are eating well. Back to the Viper's note. It is causing me some anxiety. Hyphen has agreed to read it as I expect the worse kind of note from her. But I don't want to waste more time in therapy over her. Ponder, pondering and ponderous. No, I think I will save it for Hyphen as it is causing me stress just thinking about opening it for you all. I will share with you later, once fair Hyphen has weighed in. In anticipation, tomorrow may be a busy day spent with Broady's Mom. Blogging and having a cookout later in the day. Sunday I will take it easy. I will need it. So, off I go, awaiting the nurse for the physical, a home visit. Maybe I can catch of few winks before then. But wait. I have one fish, an Endler's Live Bearer, that is very slowly dying. I know, I know...get over it Czarina. But it seems to be suffering and its companion, another Endler's, is tending to it. I don't want to flush it alive, such as it is, but I wish I had a way to ease its pain. I am projecting. At least it has a friend to see it through. The other fish are leaving him be. And so it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment