Friday, July 4, 2014

Look, ma, no thumbs!

It is not uncommon for me to wake in the night and think that as long as I am awake, why not head to the bathroom, only to find the door closed.  Now, as I live alone, save for the cats, I know Mister Gonif has gone into the bathroom and closed the door behind him.  Not that he needs privacy,  but that  he lacks thumbs to open the door.  He neither whimpers or cries so I don't know he is closed in the bathroom until I see the closed door.  When I open the door he is just sitting there waiting to leave as if waiting for a bus.  Now Yankel has thumbs, of sorts, but he, too, is unable to let Gonif out.  No, it is meant for me to let him out.  This happens at least three times a week.  He just sits and waits and gives me the "what took you so long" look.

This is not the what took you so long look.  This is the I am so damn cute you can't hide from me pose.  This is not the I'll lock myself in the bathroom pout but the gimme treats looks.  

Time for practicing and a little baseball from somewhere on the east coast that is hopefully not in the midst of the hurricane.  Lunch and a nap to follow.  

Oops, therein lay the problem

No comments:

Post a Comment