Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Donna Duck's Top Tune of the Day

Angels

Okay, so a duck isn't exactly an angel, but she has been on her good behavior all day and she thought I might like this song to cheer me up.  She wanted me to share it with you.  Her voice is still somewhat undetermined but she is flying high.  Actually, she has not made an appearance today.  I am hoping tomorrow morning my Donna Duck call will entice her, like the Sirens did to Ulysses lashed to the mast of his ship.

It's a miserable day.  Hope this works to add a dimension to the day that may have been lacking.

Actually, the song put me in mind of my late great uncle Hal Levine and his equally late wife Carol.  It was the second marriage for both.  She was a bit of an odd duck (sorry Donna).  She had a thing for angels.  The whole living room was covered with her renderings of angels in various media.  And not very good renderings at that, but, then, that is how she envisioned the angels in her life.  It was my first and only visit to Milwaukee.  Went the Summer before my dad's death.  Death, death, death, the boys are marching.  Anyway, we went to Milwaukee for a long weekend.  The nice part was the sightseeing and getting to see the Brewers play the Houston Astros at Miller Park with the roof open (ostensibly for the angels).  Got a helluva sunburn that day.  Lake Michigan seems like a dream to me now.   Anyway...I digress...keep me on point Donna.

Donna says take a break and take it easy.  Or in Hyphen's words, and verily I say unto you...go gently and breathe (And here you were thinking I don't pay attention to your cues to be mindful)


No comments:

Post a Comment